“Oh my gosh – we are stabilized thanks to Dustin & the Oakwood Search Team. So amazing. We really love working with them!”
– Julie Rieken, ATSI CEO
A growing SaaS firm with growing pains.
ATSI covers the brands of Trakstar, Reviewsnap, Recruiterbox, and Mindflash. At both Trakstar and Reviewsnap, we’re modernizing and streamlining the performance review process, providing relevant solutions to today’s companies. Recruiterbox delivers the best recruitment software that features numerous tools to make the hiring process productive. Mindflash is a leading online Learning Management System, making it easy to provide employee, associate, and/or customer training in the cloud. Our four companies hire only the best people – the most intellectual, empathetic people we can find who delight customers with their knowledge of best practices, the industry, and our customers’ unique needs.
*ATSI began working with Oakwood Search in October 2018.
ATSI is a fast growing SaaS company that focuses in the talent management sector. They had recently acquired two software companies in 2018, Recruiterbox & Mindflash. With every acquisition comes problems of turnover. Combine that with their tremendous growth and ATSI was in need of finding top talent, fast. From mid-October to February 2019, Oakwood search was able to fill 10 high level & high priority positions for ATSI, enabling them to become stabilized in record time, setting them up for years of continued growth and success without the headaches that acquisitions all too often bring.
- ATSI utilized their own internal recruiters, along with internal recruiters from their PE parent company to work these open positions.
- ATSI had posted jobs on their internal company’s websites, as well as other common recruiting websites (LinkedIn, Indeed).
- They needed to fill these positions quickly. The highest priority positions were those needed to stabilize the team to prevent further turnover, after these were filled as quickly as possible, they then had growth positions that needed to filled.
- Filling these openings internally was desired to keep costs low, however as positions stayed open more team members were lost, increasing costs and technical debt.
- Internal recruiters were failing to get enough qualified candidates submitted, if any at all.
- Something needed to be done, and that is where Oakwood Search stepped in.
Oakwood Search delivers results, period.
- We sat down with the ATSI team to find out their needs and what was most important to them in a candidate.
- After determining that a Senior DevOps Engineer & a Director of Engineering with AWS, Node.js, Docker, React & MySQL experience were highest priority to prevent further turnover, Oakwood Search got to work.
- Using industry leading recruiting technology & AI, along with over 75 years of technical recruiting experience, Oakwood Search was able to deliver a select pool of highly qualified candidates in less than a week’s time.
- ATSI was able to fill these positions within 3 weeks’ time, and from there were able to hire an additional 3x Senior Full Stack Engineers to adjust for company growth and complete the Mindflash team.
- After filling these 5 positions in about a month’s time, ATSI had further growing problems with newly acquired Recruiterbox, and also was in need of talent for future growth.
- Recruiterbox had lost a Product Manager, and ATSI was in need of a Controller as well as another Director of Engineering for their Recruiterbox team. They had been working with their internal recruiter on the Director position, but weren’t finding the caliber of candidates they were looking for.
- Oakwood Search was able provide ATSI with a pool of select candidates within a weeks’ time and Recruiterbox was able to extend an offer and have their candidate start within record time, stabilizing their team and allowing for future growth of their product.
- When a growing company needed talent NOW, Oakwood Search was able to deliver results timely and consistently.
- We delivered a pool of select, highly qualified candidates that met ATSI’s specific needs in record time.
- The talent pool provided to ATSI was so premier, that ATSI hired additional talent to supplement their continued growth!
- ATSI was able to filter through a pool of great candidates, not settle for the best candidate that applied.
- While other software companies turned to internal recruiters, ATSI utilized Oakwood’s ECM model to secure highly sought after talent without any up-front costs, enabling them to secure premier talent in Denver & Seattle’s competitive markets without enduring unnecessary costs.
- Positions Filled:
- -2x Directors of Engineering
- 1x Sr. DevOps Engineer (AWS, Node.js, Docker, MySQL, Python)
- 3x Sr. Full Stack Engineers (AWS, Vue, Angular, Docker, MySQL, React, Rest)
- 2 Product Managers (SaaS, MBA)
- 1 Controller (CPA)
- 1 Remote Sr. Front-End Engineer (Angular, Vue, Node.js. React)